Happy Birthday to Me!!
Alas, another year means another birthday & while I wish I could put a pin on the good ol’ aging process, I would never trade the life lessons I learned in my 23 years of life.
In 23 years I have managed to make so many leaps forward and sooo many mistakes. This is a post with a purpose. A purpose to share with you some lessons I’ve learned, & a purpose to remind myself not to make those same mistakes.
Well, here it is…
23 Things I Learned in 23 Years
- Feed your faith not your fear
- Not all friends are forever, and thats totally okay.
- Sometimes we take the people we love for granted & assume they know we love them. Until we lose them. Never leave anything unsaid and no actions undone.
- Every so often, go on a good social media detox.
- There will always be people with different values, beliefs, political standpoints, etc., but try not to judge right away and try to see deeper, unless they’re really just crappy people.
- Plants do wonders for the soul
- There’s more to yoga than just stretching
- Pee after sex…no seriously…
- Not everyone is going to like you, but you also don’t have to like everyone.
- Life is what you make of it & that’s actually an amazing thing.
- Give your pets the life they deserve, I mean their time with us is truly so short.
- Stop waiting for the next big moment or adventure, there is beauty right where you are if you know where to look.
- Do things that will benefit your mental health, not set you back.
- Moisturize your skin
- Aloe Vera is a magic plant
- Remember to treat your body well
- Show your family appreciation because sometimes we forget how truly special they are.
- There is more happiness in seeking to make others happy
- Find what makes you happy and make time to do more of it.
- Don’t overthink life. Everyone goes through ups and downs and in the end we’re all just humans trying to live our best life.
- Love on people who are hard to love…sometimes they need it the most.
- God’s word contains power, it can heal and lead you where you’re meant to be.
- Always give thanks and appreciate the beautiful, small, often-overlooked, things in life.
I could list more but let’s save those for the coming years. Finally, let me just add…
Happy Birthday to all my Taurus Babes!!